Conservation and Environment at New Romney Caravan Park
We are extremely proud to have achieved the David Bellamy Gold Award for the tenth year running.
We are extremely proud to have achieved the David Bellamy Gold Award for the tenth year running! It demonstrates our commitment and ability to raise awareness of the natural environment to our visitors.
At New Romney Caravan Park we have created mini wildlife sanctuaries by selective planting and carefully planned wildlife areas for small mammals, insects, butterflies and birds.
Our Environmental Policy is as follows:
We are committed to monitoring and reducing the impact of our activities on the environment and as a result, we have established a number of environmental objectives :
- Efficiency We aim to install energy efficient lighting and appliances wherever possible within the parks facilities.
- Waste & Recycling We aim to minimise litter on site and are committed to recycling as much as possible. We would ask all our guests to respect this and dispose of their waste in the appropriate waste bins provided.
- We are continually investigating measures which reduce the consumption of raw materials (especially water, electricity, oil and gas).
- We provide appropriate training to our employees to enable them to implement and adhere to this environmental policy.
- We will ensure that we continue to meet and exceed all relevant and current environmental legislation regarding our business operations.
We ask that all our visitors help us to achieve these objectives wherever possible.
The local Wildlife centre organises regular local guided walks and nature rambles and has an award winning eco-built straw-bale constructed Centre. There are walking and cycling guides and dramatic displays about the Marsh and its heritage.
Web Site : www.wildlifetrust.org.uk