Access Statement for New Romney Caravan Park
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Situated on the South East coast of England, New Romney Caravan Park is an award winning park, which prides itself in giving their owners the highest standards of personal care. We are located only 300 yards from Greatstone beach, which is ideal for wonderful family fun and leisure pursuits. Predominantly owner owned, we also have some caravans which are available for holiday lets. We welcome all families and are a very dog friendly caravan park.
The 11 acre site is located on predominantly flat ground. We have wheelchair accessible toilets and washing facilities, an onsite cafe and bar and playarea.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01797 362247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is TN28 8PB to get directions.
- The nearest railway station, is Appledore, 7 miles away. However, it is probably more convenient to go to Ashford and then take a bus or taxi to complete your journey. An accessible taxi can be booked in advance, see contact information for details.
- The No. 11 bus runs from Ashford International Railway Station (domestic side) or Ashford Park Street Stop D to New Romney approx. every hour. For timetable details see www.stagecoachbus.co.uk. It is quicker to get out at the Ship Hotel in New Romney, rather than stay on the bus which takes you to Greatstone via Lydd
- The main road outside the site has a wide tarmac path, but the road to the Park from the main road is uneven.
- A local company supplies equipment for hire, ring Hythe Mobility on 01303 764778 for details.
- This Access Statement are available in larger print on request.
Car Parking and Arrival
- The Park Reception has a tarmac car park for up to 4 cars.
- The car park is lit at night and the entrance to reception is well lit.
- Once registered at reception guests can access the park via a barrier operated using an access fob. For guests who have difficulty, a member of the team will be happy to assist you
- Within the site there are drop off points on level ground and parking areas available in close proximity to the clubhouse, café shop &, disabled WC and laundry
- There are 3 steps at the reception entrance with handrails on both sides
- There is also a wheelchair slope.
- The door is 750mm wide.
- There is a choice of seating in the reception area
- The floor surface throughout the reception is short-pile carpet.
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting.
- There is a lowered table in reception which can be used for check-in.
- A magnifying glass, pen and pad of paper are available on request.
- We are happy to show visitors to their caravan if they would like us to
Caravan Holiday Homes & Chalets
- We have a minimum of 5 (self-catering) 2 and 3 bedroom caravans for hire.
- Each caravan has 3 steps, with side handrails, to the door
Toilet & Washing Facilities
- There is a disabled toilet block with ramp access located close to the touring field
- There are parking spaces near this facility.
- The toilet has a unisex accessible toilet with a level entry shower, described below:
- Entrance door 900mm/35.5ins wide and level entry into the toilet.
- 980mm/38.5ins transfer space to the left of the toilet in the small block and to the right of the toilet in the large block, when facing the toilet.
- The toilet height is 400mm/15.7ins.
- Vertical rails either side of the basin and toilet and in the shower area.
- A horizontal rail on the sidewall adjacent to the toilet.
- A flashing light when the fire alarm sounds.
- The flooring is non-slip laminate.
- The toilet well lit with fluorescent tube overhead lighting with a low level light switch.
- There is a large wash basin; height is 800mm/31.5ins with lever taps.
Food & Drink Outlets
- There is level parking outside the clubhouse and cafe
- The entrance to the clubhouse is level and there are double doors to the bar
- There is a ramp to the cafe and there are double doors
- The bar and childrens games area are all situated on one level and have level access throughout.
- Tables in the cafe are well spaced apart, with a clear height from the floor of 609mm/24ins, with a mixture of upright chairs with and without arms.
- The bar area has a mixture of soft chairs and upright chairs with high and low tables.
- Lighting in all areas is natural daylight and by night levels there is fluorescent overhead lighting used.
- The flooring in the Clubhouse is a mixture of short pile carpet and non-slip laminate in the bar.
- The flooring in the cafe is non-slip laminate
- Where possible all our food produce is locally sourced in the cafe. We do our best to cater for any dietary requirements; please contact us in advance with any specific requests you may have.
- Large print menus are available. Specials of the day are shown on a blackboard. All staff can assist by running through menus with you.
- The Hoy club is currently table service due to covid restrictions and also offers a take-away service with seating available.
- Crockery is colour contrasted with the table where possible.
- The nearest public toilet with an accessible WC is located near the Clubhouse.
- There is ample level parking by the entrance to the launderette.
- There is step free level access to the launderette and it is level throughout.
- The door opening is 800mm/31.5ins wide, easy to open.
- There are two top loading washing machine, all others are top loading (height 115cm).
- The flooring is concrete.
- The area is well lit with fluorescent tube overhead lighting
- Clubhouse leisure facilities comprising of snooker tables and small amusement arcade are on the ground floor.
- The main entrance door is a double door.
- All areas are well lit with fluorescent lighting throughout.
Clubs and Entertainment
- We have a family bingo every Saturday in the bar.
- Some weekends there are discos where there is flash and strobe lighting. An entertainments schedule can be provided on request.
- Chairs and seating can be arranged to suit.
- The nearest public toilet with disabled facilities is near the play area.
Grounds and Garden
- The park is large and spacious; the distance from the main entrance to the beach is 300 metres. The beach is shingle. There are sand-dunes a short walk away.
- The paths around the park and leading to the beach are wide and relatively flat.
- There is a children’s play area which has a entry gap of 850mm/33.5ins wide.
- The surface of the play area is grass with safety mats integrated under play equipment.
- There are two benches in the play area and plenty of others situated around the park.
- We welcome all dogs, including trained assistance dogs. A water bowl is available just outside the Reception for dogs.
- All facilities are clearly signposted. Clear signage is used throughout the park.
- Free Wi-fi Internet access is available in the cafe and on some areas of the park.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS is 15 miles away and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is 1 mile away. There is a minor injuries unit at Martello Medical Practice in Dymchurch. Please contact reception for further information.
- We can offer a list of nearby attractions and details of their Access Statements for information, where available
- Staff are on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during peak summer months
- We are hoping to buy a fully accessible hire caravan in the future
|Address (Inc postcode):||New Romney Caravan Park Clark Road Greatstone New Romney Kent TN28 8PB|
|Grid Reference:||TR 08152 23955|
|Hours Of Operation:||Reception is open 9.30am – 4pm March – November (open 7 days a week from May to October). Reception open 10am – 2pm December -February|
|Local Carers:||Local carers specific to your need can be found on this NHS directory|
|Local Equipment Hire:||Hythe Mobility 01303 764778|
|Local Accessible Taxi:||Channel Cars 01303 765151|
|Local Public Transport:||www.stagecoachbus.co.uk|